Illinois Special Education, Due Process Litigation, Civil Litigation Attorneys
Joyce O’Neill Austin
Attorney O’Neill Austin maintains a general practice with an emphasis in all areas of family law, school law particularly special education, due process litigation, civil litigation, personal injury/tort law and probate.
* University of Kansas; Lawrence, KS (B.S. 1970)
* Purdue University; W. LaFayette, IN (M.S. 1972)
* Northern Illinois University; DeKalb, IL – 66 hours of graduate level education courses in school administration.
Formerly certified as a special education teacher (speech pathologist) and school Administrator.
* University of Illinois College of Law; Urbana, IL (J.D. 1986)
Admissions to Practice
* State of Illinois, 1986
* United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1987
* 1972 to 1983 – Speech therapist and administrative coordinator for Rockford Public School District #205.
Developed nationally-approved program later adopted state wide by over 50 different school districts and nationally by
more than ten states.
* Winnebago County Bar Association
* Illinois State Bar Association
* Winnebago County Women’s Bar Association
* Court-annexed mandatory arbitration
* Major civil-case mediation
* Dissolution mediation
* Child Representative/Guardian Ad Litem
* Collaborative Law Fellow
Joyce O’Neill Austin lives in Cherry Valley, Illinois with her husband, Jefferey Austin, D.D.S., who is a dentist practicing in Rochelle, Illinois. Between them they have four children.